Friday, December 31, 2010

Odds and ends.

Happy New Year!! New Years Eve is forecast to hit 43C (109F) so instead of going out I decided to scour my archives and show some of my photos that never made the blog for various reasons.. This Centipede was in my garden and there was nothing else to make up a posting, so it was left "on the shelf". I spotted these clouds on the way to work, taken through the bus window at approx 50kph (30mph).

These lovey dovey Musk Lorikeets were seen on the Cobbler Creek walk, but I already had a pic of a Musk Lorikeet in the post. Lorikeets and parrots in general are often seen mutually preening.

I liked the way this plane stood out against the clear blue sky.

This shot was taken at Lake Gilles. I was trying to capture the remoteness of the place.

Now a couple of close-ups taken at Cleland Wildlife Park. I had never noticed the blue around the eye on a Pied Cormorant before, and every day is a "bad hair day" if you are an Emu!!

With vast distances to cover, almost everything is hauled by road or rail. On the main interstate routes roadtrains are used. They frequently have 3 trailers, but this one was the first I saw that has 4 trailers. Alpacas are seen more and more frequently, being farmed for their wool, or being kept as pets.

5 comments:

  1. Thank goodness the temp. has been revised with the breeze coming from the south west.

    A prosperous and Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you Tony from the Isles of Scilly have a good year. paul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection of terrific images.
    Happy New Year Tony.
    From Cornwall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those alpacas are cute little felllows, aren't they? I am looking forward to your posts in 2011. Here's to a happy, healthy, and all 'round delightful New Year.

    cheers,
    Wilma

    ReplyDelete