Sunday, September 4, 2011

Spring Orchids

On Sunday we headed up to Belair National Park, in the Adelaide Hills, to enjoy the flowers. I wanted to try and photograph some of the green-hooded orchids. Unfortunately I didn't find any, but there were plenty of other flowers to look at and photograph. Blue Squill Early Nancy Common Donkey Orchid
Yellow Donkey Orchid
Cape Tulip (a weed!) Fringed Lily Three-cornered Garlic (another weed) Blue Periwinkle (Yes, another weed) and finally a single Sun Orchid I'll go back in a few weeks to see what else is about.

4 comments:

  1. A great little collection Tony. I'll be posting the green hooded orchid on Our World tonight. I found a patch in the Grampians the other day. The wildflowers were quite spectacular there.

    I must go up to our house on Mt.Lofty and check out our meadow of donkeys. They might be a little later than at Belair.

    Isn't spring fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tony, each of your flowers are lovely, but to choose just one, I would say the Donkey Orchid is my fav, what a great name, a glorious flower~

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely selection of flowers Tony, obviously being autumn here it's nice to some splashes of colour from somewhere else!

    ReplyDelete